Our programs provide resources to help Latino adults live better, healthier, more connected lives. Individuals, parents, and seniors benefit from these educational activities, referrals, and skill-building support.
To learn more about our Latino Adult Programs, please call (847) 432-4981.
Counseling for individuals, couples, and families is offered in English or in Spanish. Counseling appointments can be scheduled at our Highland Park office or at Nuestro Center, if preferred. The Counseling section provides more information about our counseling approach and how to schedule an appointment.
Health and Wellness
We help connect Latino adults to information and resources that can improve health and wellness. These include:
- Referrals to primary care services
- Information about health conditions, such as heart health, diabetes, stress, and depression
- Health screenings
- Food and nutrition, through meals and snacks provided by our partnerships at the Northern Illinois Food Bank, Catholic Charities, and local churches and synagogues
- Mobile food pantries through the Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Activities that encourage physical fitness, including a walking group and occasional group fitness activities
Every Monday from 12:30-2:30 pm, we host a group of Latino seniors to enjoy a lunch together and participate in art, crafts, and cultural activities. They also listen to speakers on a variety of topics of interest. Group members socialize and learn from one another.
English Language Learning
We partner with the School District 113 Adult Education program to offer daytime and evening English Language Learning classes to help improve English skills for non-English-speaking adults. The classes are offered by trained District 113 educators and are held at Nuestro Center. For information on enrolling, please contact Reni Mitkova at (224) 765-1021 or Maria Bernardi at (224) 765-2410.